As you can see we haven't done much since our big insulation and drywall projects.
The dining room is in the process of being painted (again). The color is "dark night" from Sherwin Williams. The trim around the windows has been painted "inkwell" from SW.
Kitchen to do list:
* prime and paint walls and ceiling white
* paint the door black
* lay new floor tiles
* install new lower kitchen cabinets and countertop
* install back splash with open shelves above the sink
* hang wall mounted range hood
* install light fixtures
* patch and install floor molding and transition strip
Before we install anything we need to decide on tile, cabinets, etc.
This is what I have in mind for the new kitchen...
Black slate floor tile with dark grout. Something in the $3-4 square foot price range.
White subway tile with dark grout.
Countertops and base cabinets:
Butcher block counters with black doors (probably Ikea)