more destruction


This is was the tile inside the front door, it came with the house. I held myself back from demo-ing this long ago but it wasn't at the top of our priorities. 

There it is at the bottom of the stairs (photo taken at closing).
after removing the transition piece- ick

This is my therapy!
Tile is gone! There is one hole from an old radiator, but otherwise it just needs to be sanded and refinished. 
Wish we would have ripped out the tile to begin with, but we didn't. 

I originally wanted to lay some new tile. It is a small area and shouldn't be too hard or that expensive.The only thing holding me back is that the floor is level now, and before it needed the wood transition piece for the 1-2 inch difference between the hardwood floor and tile. Does that make sense? Plus the door jams if there is a rug on top of the tile. 

If we do end up adding tile, I think a tiny black and white hexagon or penny tile would be my first choice. Similar to the photos below.


photo via



Comments